Do you know the psychological effects of tooth loss can be complex and affect one's self-confidence and happiness? Having a missing tooth can even affect a person's social life; they may even avoid socialization for fear that others may discover the absent tooth. Besides, if there is severe bone loss after multiple teeth have been missing, this can lead to facial disfigurement also, often accompanied by the appearance of premature aging.
One of the best solutions to replace your missing tooth, a dental implant, is a titanium screw placed in the jawbone where teeth are absent. They act as secure anchors for the placement of an artificial tooth.
Dental implants are truly able to improve people's quality of life by improving their overall health while also helping them gain the confidence that comes from a beautiful smile.
Why Dental Implants?
A missing tooth can not only affect the way you look but also lead to other problems that may affect your health and confidence.
If you have any missing teeth, it is important to replace them with dental implants to prevent bone loss, shifting of teeth, jaw joint problems, alteration in the bite, and the additional stress caused to the adjacent teeth if one tooth is missing.
Benefits of dental implants.
- Dental implants look, feel, and function of natural teeth; no one will be able to recognize you are wearing one easily.
- You can enjoy your favorite food.
- It helps to prevent bone loss, thereby preserving facial structure.
- Having your missing tooth replaced by dental implants helps distribute bite forces evenly throughout the mouth.
- Improves your self-confidence by giving you a beautiful smile.
- Having a dental implant doesn't affect the adjacent teeth.
- Dental implants help prevent bone deterioration that occurs as a result of missing teeth.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
You are a good candidate for dental implants if you have one or several missing teeth. However, dental implants are not suggested during the early teen years, as the dental and facial bones are still forming at that age.
Do you have a missing tooth? Do you wish to get a dental implant done? Call us or book an appointment online to know more.